Having done a good deal of work-related traveling as a United Nations staff member, and always preferring to stay in bed and breakfasts or guest houses than in hotels, I understand what the working traveler needs. Two Rose Cottages has been developed as a home-from-home for people traveling on business, in at least nine ways.
Of course all guests like these facilities, but feedback is that they are particularly helpful for business travelers.
1. Peace and quiet. The atmosphere of the house is one of calm, comfort and seclusion, perfect to unwind after a day’s work.
2. Privacy. The front door and reception room are for the exclusive use of guests. You can come and go as you please. There is a wood-burning stove, plus comfortable chairs and a TV in the reception room. It is a perfect place to work and/or relax.
3. There is a small business centre in the Reception Room. Here you can work in peace at any time of the day (or night), print a document (there is a small charge for large documents), scribble a post-it note, or just grab a few paper-clips. There is also a wood-burning stove, plus comfortable chairs and a TV in the reception room.
4. Wi-fi. Of course, there is free, 24-hour wireless broadband throughout the cottage.
5. Food. While we do not serve an evening meal, for mind-week guests there are complementary fruit, nutrition bars and home-made snacks in each room, so busy people will not go hungry. By prior arrangement we can sometimes also serve a light tray supper in the reception room (prices vary). You could eat your meal in front of the fire while watching your favourite TV show, just like at home! And if you prefer to go out, there are several restaurants of various kinds within 5-7 minutes walk from the cottage, plus a good few pubs, and many more choices if you have a car.
6. Fresh tea and coffee. A tea-pot and coffee press in each room, with fresh milk, means that you can have a good cuppa any time, and enjoy a real coffee first thing in the morning, or if you are burning the midnight oil (there is also instant coffee, including decaffeinated, for those who prefer, as well as a choice of herb teas).
7. Flexible arrival and departure times. While we are very busy, and therefore ask most guests to conform with the requested arrival and departure times so that we can clean the house, go shopping and also find time to relax, we do understand that business people often have to travel early and late, before or after a full day’s work. So I am flexible on arrival and departure times, and happy to cook an early breakfast if needed (we are early risers in any case!)
8. Things you may have left behind. We have a stock of adapters, leads and chargers, (including international ones) in case of need, and a supply of toiletries that may have been left behind.
9. The steam iron and ironing board in your room means that you can always look your best.
Everything is here, just bring your own lap-top!
N.B. We offer a discount rate for three- four- or five-night mid-week guests in winter.